The learning process does not only occur in the classroom where students sit listening to the teacher’s explanation. In this modern era, it is important to renew the way we learn so that the students feel more comfortable, enjoy the class and surely stimulates his/herself to find new things. TMI believes that it is the right of students to feel and have real experiences to learn outside of class. Accommodating this, TMI has designed a valuable and memorable program which is called Immersion Program. This program allows the students to go abroad and explore the new learning system and of course adapt with different culture there. In the last academic year 2018/2019, together with Billanook, TMI organized this collaborative program between TMI and Billanook College (one of colleges in Australia). The students stayed with host families for a week and studied at Billanook College. The families were the members of Billanook College, so TMI students learned their daily routine from their Australian friends, such as studying in the class, exercising and spending their time with all family members.
The students maximally spent their five days to study in Billanook College. They did a presentation about Indonesian Culture, did some experiments in Science class, and attended International class with Japanese, Chinese and Korean students. Absolutely, the method and materials are quite different from that of TMI for we have different curriculum and culture. However, the students were able to adapt and adjust to the new environment and situation.
Unfortunately, due to Pandemic Outbreak, we can not hold this program, hope the pandemic will end soon so we can continue organizing the Immersion program.
1. The students were waiting for the flight to Melbourne, at the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
2. The students were taking photos with one of Bahasa Indonesia teachers in discovery room.
3. Sabina and Salaisha were having conversation in Bahasa Indonesia class. Sabina was talking about herself; hobbies, dream, personalities, and family.
4. Tristan was having PE class. They were going to have jogging together.
5. Arel was watching performances in Billanook College Theater.
6. Salsabila, Safira and Salaisha were in reptile class. They were encouraged to touch and play with snakes and other reptiles.
7. The students were doing experiment in Science Laboratory. They were trying to see the smallest microorganism of some plants using microscope.
8. Kalila Arabela was having international class with two Korean students. They were identifying and discussing a picture with a text.
9. The students were with all host family members and teachers.
10. The students were in Science work in Melbourne. They enjoyed looking at some experimental equipment and watched the light show.
The students were taking pictures in front of Flinders Street Station
Sekolah Tunas Mekar Indonesia
Jl. Arif Rahman Hakim No.36, Jagabaya III, Way Halim, Kota Bandar Lampung, Lampung, Indonesia.
Hak Cipta © 2021 Sekolah Tunas Mekar Indonesia - Semua Hak Dilindungi Undang-undang.
Didukung oleh GoDaddy Pembuat Situs Web